Wednesday, September 05, 2007

So...this thing called life

It's been a while since I've updated this. I think part of it is the format I set up for myself in this blog. Summarizing news articles that other people have written is not my style. I write my own news, and as I'm not in a position to do that in a way that would interest anyone who reads this, I got lackadaisical, and it wasn't even enjoyable for me anymore. So I think I'll change it up a bit and maybe start writing more. I'll start writing more about my life, but hopefully more thoughts and musings than just an outline of my day-to-day activities. That said, I'm going to give a quick overview of what's going on in my life at the moment so those who don't see me all the time know where I'm coming from in future writings.

I've been incredibly busy these first couple of weeks this semester, and it's been wonderful. A run-down of all the major things I'm involved in:

- I'm the Copy Editor for my school's newspaper, the Bison. I read every story we run and edit for style, grammar and accuracy. I'm the one in charge of taking out all the typos. The first issue come out Friday, which means I'll probably be working a lot tomorrow (Thursday) to get everything ready. I'm really enjoying it, plus it IS a job, so at the end of each semester I'll get a pretty good check. I also write on average as story a week for the paper.

- I'm a member of the Campus Activities Board. I go to meetings and set things up and sell tickets and get into things free. I will be working the Mat Kearney concert tomorrow, so that's going to take a lot of time as well. I shall be busy tomorrow.

- I'm on the Honors Council. We have a meeting every week, and plan, organize and set up all the Honors activities. Right now I'm working on planning the camping trip, which will probably be sometime in October.

- I go to the 9:09 Devo every Tuesday night. This is my favorite time of the week. I really enjoy spending time with everyone, and this year's already starting off well with a lot of people coming each week, and many of them are new freshmen, which is good. I also attend a Wednesday night Bible study at the Garner's house each week.

- Oh, and I also have these other things; I think they're called classes, whatever they're about.

So if you haven't surmised already, I'm pretty busy. And will probably just get busier. But it's all by choice, and I'm enjoying it.

Hm, well. As I typed this, I got a call from the editor-in-chief saying we're working tonight, so I guess I'm heading off.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, September 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your tenacity, Mr. Watson, though I envy some of the things on your plate.

With the Bison, CAB, and the Honors College in your daily sphere, I'm sure there will be a flood of great things to write about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home