Friday, November 24, 2006

Man, this world is weird...I love it.

When a 14 year old girl in Honolulu opened up her new iPod, she got something she wasn't expecting: a slab of raw meat. Her mom had bought her the iPod as a gift, but it was missing and the meat was there in its place. The Wal-Mart where they bought it found out that a previous employee had apparently put meat in some boxes and taken the iPods. Now that guy (I'm assuming it was a guy) has a sense of humor. And probably some jail time.



Another bit of humor some people didn't appreciate comes from Dallas. Several parents are complaining that a book they bought to help their toddlers learn how to use the bathroom is inappropriate. "Potty Time With Elmo" is supposed to be an interactive book that says several phrases when buttons are pressed to teach children how to "potty," but one of the buttons didn't seem to have much to do with pottying at all! When pressed, one button prompted Elmo to ask, "Who wants to die?" One of the mothers called it a "sick joke," and that if it was a joke, "then it's a bad one." I might agree with the "sick" part, but I find it kinda funny.


This one's sort of cool. A twenty dollar bill was printed over A Del Monte fruit tag. It was printed in 1996 in Fort Worth, but no one has any idea how the tag got onto the bill. It was sold recently in an auction for $25,300 in Orlando.


Speaking of auctions for a lot of money, I will relate the quasi-misfortune I experienced recently concerning one. Quasi because I didn't actually lose anything, but I also didn't make a bunch of free money. As I'm sure most of my 3 or so readers know, OJ Simpson was writing a book about how he would have committed the famous murders if he had actually done it called "If I Did It,' and there was also to be a corresponding special on Fox. Well, due to public outcry, the special was cancelled, and all the books were recalled to be recycled. As soon as I heard that, my first thought was that I should try to buy one or two and sell them on Ebay. I didn't know whether they had actually been shipped everywhere or not, but the word "recall" gave me hope, so I hit up Barnes and Noble to try and find a copy. Alas, I could not. But I just read this article on the bid frenzy taking place over 3 copies of the book. Some of the legitimate bids have been several thousand dollars. I missed my chance. :(

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home