Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's Halo Day Today!



It's be 5 years today since Halo was released. It's funny, but it actually seems like it's been longer, because in my memories I was so young, so new to the world when I first played it...those were the days.

But anyways, these are the days as well, because to commemorate the occasion, Bungie announced several exciting things. The first is a television commercial for Halo 3, set to appear on December 4 during Monday Night Football. They're doing something new with it this time and making it CG instead of actually gameplay like the other trailers have always been. They say they have always decided not to show the game until they think it's ready to be shown, so they're going more with the photorealistic graphics for this comercial. But they still gave all their models to Digital Domain, the company doing the CG, and they said it will still be scenes from the game. Should be cool.

Bungie also announced that next spring they will be releasing new multiplayer maps for Halo 2. The only thing is, they're only going to be for the Xbox 360, which makes me sad. Bungie says they will be amazing, so it may be time for me to trade up to the 360. The main thing keeping me back (aside from paying $400 for it) is that I don't want to lose all my saved data on my old Xbox, but I'm going to want one for Halo 3, so we will see.

Speaking of Halo 3, the last thing they announced was that, get this: next spring they are going to be releasing a multiplayer demo of Halo 3 on Xbox Live. That's right, before the game is out you can play beta Halo 3 multiplayer. But, once again, only on 360. That might tip my hand, but it will depend on several factors. Maybe I'll just ask for one for Christmas.

Read about it all on Bungie's website.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Chad Gardner said...

I too am an old Xbox holdout. I think they may tip my hand as well and force me to move up to the 360 in the Spring. $400 bucks.... ughhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home