Sunday, November 05, 2006

Finally...


Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to hang, more than three years after his capture. He wanted to be killed by firing squad, but they refused his request.

It's not quite over, however. The verdict is automatically sent to a group of 9 judges for appeal, who can take as long as they want to decide and can call new witnesses. But once they decide the verdict has to be carried out in 30 days.

If you want to read more, take your pick of news services:

Sky News
Washington Post
Reuters
Bloomberg
ABC News

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, November 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read an article yesterday that quoted one of the appelate judges as saying something to the effect of:
"We won't take our time reviewing this case, once the appeals have been filed, we will review his case and make our decision soon. Saddam needs to die so our country can move on."
Granted, he does deserve to die, but if I were on trial, I'd rather not have my judge say I deserved to die as soon as possible. That wouldn't give me a lot of hope about my appeal.

 
At 8:18 AM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, go to Bloglines.com and sign up for an account (it's free). This is a blog reader that goes out and captures all of the rss feeds from blogs you're subscribed to and then organizes them on one page for you. I've used this for over a year now, and it's great.

I use Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser and Bloglines also has a toolbar button that you can place on your web browser. If you run across a site that sends out an rss feed, you simply click the Bloglines button on your toolbar and it automatically subscribes to it for you. Very simple. Let me know if you have any questions about setting it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home